Available Ad Space above. Put your ad here!
Live Worms: (Samples available online - see below)
- Red Wigglers
- European Nightcrawlers
- African Nightcrawlers
Worm Compost (Now available online - see below)
Worm Compost Tea (Not available online)
Framed Worm Poems
Ready to go Worm Composting Boxes:
- 10 and 18 gallon sizes available with varying numbers of Red Wigglers, European Nightcrawlers, and African Nightcrawlers.
- Custom boxes are available in both sizes
- Advertising on this site is available
Available for purchase at residential pickup in Orleans, MA. Call Woo at 508-240-1014 for information, pricing or help. Compost and Worm samples are now available online and will be shipped. See below.
# of bags Price Including
1 lb* S/H Continental
U.S. only - USPS
1 $ 8.25
*Shipping weight is 1lb more than total of bags.
My Worm castings are removed manually from my boxes and are sifted with a 1/4" mesh to make it easier to work with or to make worm compost tea. A 1/2 lb. sample is available for only $4.00 in US only. The sample can be added to 1/2 gallon of water to make Worm compost tea, a wonderful liquid fertilizer or used as is. 1 per customer. Prices for larger orders are below. Please order via email. You will be advised regarding availability and payment procedures. Checks and Paypal available.
What is Vermicomposting ? It is the process of having red worms or European night crawlers and other decomposer organisms process our organic waste and turn it into a great natural fertilizer called vermicompost (worm castings). The worms are voracious eaters that are extremely happy to spend their lives eating organic waste, excreting worm castings, reproducing, and providing you with high quality compost. This can be done by anyone at home to dispose of garbage, provide bait for fishing, provide food for pets, and produce fertilizer for your plants.
Why are worm castings more productive than normal compost?
1. Higher concentrations of microorganisms.
2. More diversity of microorganisms.
3. Enzymes and plant growth regulators only found in worm casting soils.
4. Higher percentage of available nutrients.
5. Greater plant heights, leaf area and root depth.
6. Greater germination rates.
7. Faster growth rates.
8. Higher aggregate formation.
9. Better disease control.
10. Higher capacity to hold water.
11. More nutrient availability over time.
12. Larger fruits and vegetables with higher yields.
13. Sweeter tasting fruits and abundantly richer tasting vegetables.
What is worm compost tea? It is a fertilizer and soil conditioner made by adding worm castings to water. Sometimes the castings are filtered out after the nutrients and good things in the castings have been released into the water. I prefer to leave the castings in the water. I use about 2 oz. of castings per quart of water. Aerating the tea provides more oxygen for the living organisms, but is not required. The tea can be diluted with more water since I use most castings than most people. Worm tea unlike other fertilizers will not burn your plants, but it should be used within a couple of days. Use as often and as much as you like. Dry worm castings can be added directly to your soil if you prefer, but I feel the tea process gets to the plants quicker. All my garden products are fed with my worm tea. I use it on a monthly or 6 week cycle. It is too heavy to ship, but can be made easily from the castings.
How to use worm castings?
- Mix with potting soil when potting plants
- Mix with water to make Worm Compost Tea (See information at the right.)
- Put a handful in the hole when planting outside.
- Mix with soil when setting up a new raised bed garden
- Put a layer on the top of the soil before planting shallots, onions, or garlic.
- Put tablespoon in hole when planting bulbs.
- Top dress potted plants or garden plants about every six weeks.
- Put some on your lawn when reseeding
- Remember you can't burn your plants no matter how much you use.
- Use Vermicompost instead of those harsh chemicals. Keep our earth green.
WORMS: I now have worm samples (Babies & Adults) available for shipment on the Internet only. If you are watching your finances and on a tight budget, this is a wonderful way to get started growing your own worms or adding a few to your garden or compost pile. You can start your own worm box as described on this site. Just throw in the sample worms and start feeding them a small amount of garbage. You will have to be more patient than if you used a large number of worms, but they will multiply and you will get some valuable compost. I have started either plastic bins or boxes with small numbers like the samples offered and it does work. Please order via email select type #1, 2, or 3. Only one sample per customer. You will be advised regarding availability and payment procedures. Checks and Paypal available.
Total Price including 1st Class USPS shipment - $6.00* payment by check or
add $2.00 for PayPal payment to email@example.com
Add $6.45 for priority mail shipment - recommended for shipment outside of New England.
Samples types available: #1 - 100 composting worms*
#2 - 30 European Nightcrawlers *
#3 - 30 African Nightcrawlers *
*Order now. You can return the worms in 10 days for any reason to get a full refund. Below is picture of worms in shredded newspaper in a ziploc ready for mailing in a bubble envelope. I have kept worms successfully in this manner for over one month as a test. They were well and happy upon returning them to a composting box.